Month: April 2021

AUDREY MAAME ESI SWATSON: GHANA’S YOUNGEST COMMERCIAL PILOT

Audrey Maame Esi Swatson is a young Ghanaian woman who is trailblazing in the world of aviation. In a profession dominated by men at all levels, she has braved the odds to establish herself as a woman pilot, and the youngest at that too. Audrey is a First Officer with Passion Air, a Ghanaian airline …

AUDREY MAAME ESI SWATSON: GHANA’S YOUNGEST COMMERCIAL PILOT Read More »

MEET CINDY OPOKU ANNOR, A LEADING WOMAN IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY

Cindy Opoku Annor (Mrs) is a product of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana, with an MBA in MARKETING and a BA in Publishing Studies, both from said school. Ever since her childhood, Cindy loved mathematics and the study of the atmosphere and so wanted to be a meteorologist where science …

MEET CINDY OPOKU ANNOR, A LEADING WOMAN IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY Read More »

GHANA LIKELY TO START COVID-19 VACCINE PRODUCTION, 1st OF ITS KIND IN AFRICA

The German embassy in Ghana has recently announced it’s partnership with the government of Ghana in conducting a feasibility study on vaccine production in Ghana. If the outcome of the study proves favourable, Ghana will be the first African country to produce a covid-19 vaccine since the pandemic began. READ ALSO: GHANA TO BEGIN MASS …

GHANA LIKELY TO START COVID-19 VACCINE PRODUCTION, 1st OF ITS KIND IN AFRICA Read More »

NZAMBI MATEE: THE KENYAN WOMAN BUILDING AN EMPIRE FROM TRASH

In many African countries, approximately 12% of waste plastics are said to be recycled with the remaining 88% disposed, burned or buried. With over 125 million tonnes of municipal solid waste generated in Africa yearly, the waste management industry has it’s work cut out for it. Nzambi Matee, a Kenyan materials engineer has devised an …

NZAMBI MATEE: THE KENYAN WOMAN BUILDING AN EMPIRE FROM TRASH Read More »

MEET DR. TRISTEN JOHNSON, THE FIRST OF HER FAMILY TO EARN A PhD

Diversity and inclusivity speaker Tristen Johnson has recently earned her PhD. The degree, a Doctor of Philosophy in Education makes the beautiful young woman the first person in her mother’s family and the first woman in her father’s to achieve such a feat. In a celebratory post on profession-oriented social media platform LinkedIn, Tristen disclosed …

MEET DR. TRISTEN JOHNSON, THE FIRST OF HER FAMILY TO EARN A PhD Read More »

10 FAMOUS GHANAIANS YOU SHOULD KNOW

In the worlds of the arts, science and sports, people of various nationalities are making strides with unprecedented far-reaching impact. Ghana as a nation is not left behind and to attest to this, here are 10 Ghanaians who are famous for their achievements. Dr Michael Obeng Dr Michael Obeng is known for successfully performing the first …

10 FAMOUS GHANAIANS YOU SHOULD KNOW Read More »

BUKYIA: START A FOOD BUSINESS WITH EASE

Want to start a restaurant or expand one? Meet Bukyia, the startup that makes starting a food business affordable and inclusive for women and youth with little capital. From a jolly Friday commute after work, anticipating a great Netflix and Chill weekend- whether alone or with your loved one, and with that favorite meal ordered online, food delivery can make it all a …

BUKYIA: START A FOOD BUSINESS WITH EASE Read More »

UBA is Well-Positioned to Benefit from Recovery Trends in 2021 – Tony Elumelu

UBA Ghana contributed 11% of the Group’s Operating Income Shareholders optimistic about future earnings prospects   Pan African financial institution, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has assured its teeming shareholders and investors of even greater returns in the coming months, with the bank having established a diversified business model that ensures impressive performance even in periods …

UBA is Well-Positioned to Benefit from Recovery Trends in 2021 – Tony Elumelu Read More »